Overview – The Big Picture
PC magazines mainly focus on specific programs and how to use them for best results from that program. That is a good start but not the complete solution.
No single factor will fully maximise results obtained from using a PC. A number of factors must be considered to get the best results with the least effort. These factors will vary from person to person and application to application. The way these factors are combined can be a factor as well.
Articles contained in this blog focus on finding the best way to solve problems encountered by PC users.
These factors include;
· The work style of the user – does he/she prefer to use The Mouse, Function keys, Short-cuts, Control-keys, Batch files, or a combination of these options,
· Does the application he/she is using – Open-source programs, Commercial programs, Video files, High level graphics, other special functions, favour a special style,
· Operating systems – Windows, Unix, Apple, are a factor as well,
· Is the PC used by multiple operators that have different work styles,
· Processor selection – Apple, Intel, can impact the work flow as well.
Posts will be added to this blog outlining various approaches to solving some of the roadblocks encountered by most users. Some of the fixes will focus on problems that no program deals with; examples –
· Cluttered desktops,
· Poor disk file management,
· Correct training,
· Good documentation,
· Configuring the PC hardware and software to best meet the user’s needs.
Other entries will focus on configuring existing software to make it more user-friendly and productive. A selection of utility programs that can improve the throughput of PC system, will be discussed as well.
Find help in solving PC problem on the Internet. Listed below are some sites that may be useful.
Aug 16, 2013